Venture Further into Autism
An interactive training day, which through shared experiences offers simple, practical advice and support.
- Sunday 13th May 2018
- 10:00am – 4:00pm
- BP Building, Raywell Park, Riplingham Road, Raywell, HU16 5YL
- There is no cost for this training.
- No uniform required.
The day will reveal the bigger picture of Autism, touching on co-occurring conditions such as ADHD and offer ideas and strategies to support and manage behaviour. Nothing suggested on the day is inappropriate or harmful for neuro-typical children, so even if you do not have a young person in your Section with a diagnosis you will find the day useful.
Leaders should bring a packed lunch with them, hot and cold drinks will be provided throughout the day.
All attendees will go away with resources to use back in their Section and a certificate of attendance.
The day does have an attendance limit, places will be given on a first come first served basis, so book early to avoid disappointment!
Any queries should be directed to Linda Thelwell via email@example.com
More details of the course content include:
- Unravelling what is often described as ‘complex’; the social world; Social Communication, Social Interaction, Impulsivity, Inflexibility/ literal understanding are all explored.
- Examining how the makeup and function of the brain results in experiences and behaviours that may appear unusual, inappropriate, confused, non-typical.
- Tools and Strategies to help us understand why a child may be behaving, communicating, responding as they are and what we can do about it.
Strategies and ideas are all entirely appropriate for all young people; many families and practitioners report a surprisingly positive affect on siblings and peers too.