|What is this privacy notice/policy?||This Data Privacy Notice/Policy describes the categories of personal data Blacktoft Beacon District Scouts process and for what purposes. Blacktoft Beacon District Scouts are committed to collecting and using such data fairly and in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), the regulations set by the European Union, and Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018), the UK law that encompasses the GDPR.
This Privacy Notice/Policy applies to members, parents/guardians of youth members, volunteers, employees, contractors, suppliers, supporters, donors and members of the public who will make contact with Blacktoft Beacon District Scouts
|Who we are||Blacktoft Beacon District Scouts are a registered charity with the Charity Commission for England & Wales; charity number 114803.
The Data Controller for Blacktoft Beacon District Scouts is the Executive Committee who are appointed at an Annual General Meeting and are Charity Trustees. The Chair of the Charity Trustees is Scott Millard, contact – email@example.com
From this point on Blacktoft Beacon District Scouts will be referred to as “we”.
Being a small charity, we are not required to appoint a Data Protection Officer.
|The data we may process||The majority of the personal information we hold, is provided to us directly by you or by the parents or legal guardians of youth members verbally or in paper form, digital form or via our online membership system Compass. In the case of adult members and volunteers, data may also be provided by third parties, such as the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Where a member is under the age of 18, this information will only be obtained from a parent or guardian and cannot be provided by the young person.
We may collect the following personal information:
· Personal contact details such as name, title, address, telephone numbers and personal email address – so that we can contact you.
· Date of birth – so that we can ensure young people are allocated to the appropriate Section for their age and that adults are old enough to take on an appointment with Scouting.
· Gender – so that we can address individuals correctly and accommodate for any specific needs.
· Emergency contact information – so that we are able to contact someone in the event of an emergency.
· Government identification numbers e.g. national insurance, driving licence, passport – to be able to process volunteer criminal record checks.
· Training records – so that members can track their progression through the Scout programme or adult training scheme.
· Race or ethnic origin – so that we can make suitable arrangements based on members cultural needs.
· Health records – so that we can make suitable arrangements based on members medical needs.
· Criminal records checks – to ensure Scouting is a safe space for young people and adults.
|The lawful basis we process your data by||We comply with our obligations under the GDPR and DPA 2018 by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
In most cases the lawful basis for processing will be through the performance of a contract for personal data and as legitimate interests for your sensitive data.
We use personal data for the following purposes:
· to provide information about Scout meetings, activities, training courses and events to our members and other volunteers in Blacktoft Beacon District Scouts
· to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in a particular geographical area as specified in our constitution
· to administer membership records
· to fundraise and promote the interests of Scouting
· to manage our volunteers
· to maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications)
· to inform you of news, events, activities and services being run or attended by Blacktoft Beacon District Scouts
· to ensure and evidence your suitability if volunteering for a role in Scouting
· to contact your next of kin in the event of an emergency
· to ensure you have and maintain the correct qualifications and skills.
We use personal sensitive data for the following purposes:
· for the protection of a person’s health and safety whilst in the care of Blacktoft Beacon District Scouts
· to respect a person’s religious beliefs with regards to activities, food and holidays
· for equal opportunity monitoring and reporting.
|Our retention periods||The Scout Association’s Data Protection Policy can be found here and the Data Privacy Notice here.|
|Sharing your information||Young people and other data subjects
We will normally only share personal information with adult volunteers holding an appointment in the Blacktoft Beacon District Scouts
We will normally only share personal information with adult volunteers holding appropriate appointments within the line management structure of The Scout Association for the Blacktoft Beacon District Scouts as well as with The Scout Association Headquarters as joint data controllers.
All data subjects
We will however share your personal information with others outside of Blacktoft Beacon District Scouts where we need to meet a legal obligation. This may include The Scout Association and its insurance subsidiary (Unity Insurance Services), local authority services and law enforcement. We will only share your personal information to the extent needed for those purposes.
We will only share your data with third parties outside of the organisation where there is a legitimate reason to do so.
We will never sell your personal information to any third party.
Sometimes we may nominate a member for national awards, (such as Scouting awards or Duke of Edinburgh awards) such nominations would require us to provide contact details to that organisation.
Where personal data is shared with third parties we will seek assurances that your personal data will be kept confidential and that the third party fully complies with the GDPR and DPA 2018.
|How we store your personal data||We generally store personal information in the following ways:
Compass – is the online membership system of The Scout Association, this system is used for the collection and storage of adult volunteer personal data.
Online Scout Manager – is the online membership system used for the collection and storage of young person personal data.
In addition adult volunteers will hold some personal data on local spreadsheets/databases.
Printed records and data held while attending events – paper is sometimes used to capture and retain some data for example:
· Gift Aid administration
· Event registration
· Health and contact records forms (for events)
· Events coordination with event organisers
Paper records for events are used rather than relying on secure digital systems, as often the events are held where internet and digital access will not be available. We will minimise the use of paper to only what is required for the event.
Blacktoft Beacon Website – Personnel data is stored for use to notify members of news. We also store data for the Blacktoft Beacon Badge Store.
Online “Cloud” Storage – We use online “Cloud” based storage solutions. Blacktoft Beacon District Scouts will not have propriety access to these solutions. We only store personal data within these solutions where necessary and are not kept for any longer than is needed as per section labelled
Our retention periods.
|Further processing||If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.|
|How we provide this privacy notice||A link to this website page is provided to those whose data is being processed by us. A printed version is also available on request.|
|Your rights||As a Data Subject, you have the right to object to how we process your personal information. You also have the right to access, correct, sometimes delete and restrict the personal information we use. In addition, you have a right to complain to us and to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR and DPA 2018, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
· The right to be informed – you have a right to know how your data will be used by us.
· The right to access your personal data – you can ask us to share with you the data we have about you. This is a Data Subject Access Request.
· The right to rectification – this just means you can update your data if it’s inaccurate or if something is missing. Adult members will be able to edit and update some information directly on The Scout Association’s Compass membership system.
· The right to erasure – this means that you have the right to request that we delete any personal data we have about you. There are some exceptions, for example, some information will be held by The Scout Association for legal reasons.
· The right to restrict processing – if you think that we are not processing your data in line with this privacy notice then you have the right to restrict any further use of that data until the issue is resolved.
· The right to data portability – this means that if you ask us we will have to share your data with you in a way that can be read digitally – such as a pdf. This makes it easier to share information with others.
· The right to object – you can object to the ways your data is being used.
· Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – this protects you in cases where decision are being made about you based entirely on automated processes rather than a human input, it’s highly unlikely that this will be used by us.
|Website Cookies||1st Party Cookies
Phpsessid – Website movement tracking for use within wordpress
sc_is_visitor_unique – Statcounter website analytics and uptime monitoring.
3rd Party Cookies
PREF f1=50000000 .youtube.com
VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE q55MxIryejA .youtube.com
YSC sngQERRwiiY .youtube.com
PS 1 .youtube.com
|Who to contact||If you have any queries relating to this Privacy Notice or our use of your personal data, please contact us via Scott Millard, District Chair, email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Version number and date of the last review||Version 2 – 1st March 2021|