The Wolds Challenge is a one day hiking competition for Scouts and Explorers organised by the Fells Marathon Committee. This event is a test of navigation, route finding and team work, as well as a walking challenge. This is also a great training event for our sister event; The Fells Marathon.
The event is open to both Scouts aged 10.5 years to 14.5 years & Explorer Scouts ages 14.5 years to 18 years. Different routes will be set for each age group. The Scouts will approximately walk 12 miles whereas the Explorers will walk 17 miles.
We advise that all teams/groups should cover training in:- navigation, hill skills, rucksack packing, what to do in an emergency, working as a team. It is also advisable to have a training walk before the event.
The maps for this years Wolds Challenge are:
- 294 – Market Weighton and Yorkshire Wolds Central
Any groups needing maps for this year’s event, these can be purchased from www.dash4it.co.uk at very cheap prices.
If you have any questions or need any advice please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
For further information contact – Neal Ingram
Entry queries contact – Claire Moverley
More Information, Booklet and Entry Forms
You can download the booklet below as soon as they are available. This will contain additional information and the entry forms you need to book your team onto the event.
- Wolds Challenge Hike Booklet 2020
- Wolds Challenge Group Entry Form (Single Page) – PDF Version.pdf
- Wolds Challenge Consent and Medical Form (Single Page) – PDF Version.pdf
- Wolds Challenge Group Entry Form (Single Page) – WORD Version.doc
- Wolds Challenge Consent and Medical Form (Single Page) – WORD Version.doc
Join us for a laugh, a drink and maybe a few quiz questions at an adult only Quiz night! All you need is a team of up to 6 Leaders or Network members with a bit of general and Scouting knowledge, but even that is not essential!
You can arrive from 5:30pm and buy your tea from the bar to eat in the function room. Or join us at 7:00pm ready to start the quiz.
- The cost will be between £1-£2 depending on numbers on the night. We only need to cover the cost of the room hire.
- Teams are a maximum of 6 people.
- No uniform needed.
You don’t need to book, just turn up on the night!
Planning is well underway for our annual St George’s Day Celebrations! Once again we will be joined by Beverley and Hornsea District for the day too.
Full details will follow but for now, please take note of the points below:
- Sunday 26th April 2020 – usual timings.
- £7.50 per under 18 year old, which includes all activities.
- For this event please indicate your expected numbers as near as you can so we can make sure we use all of the £7.50’s on booking in climbing walls, silent disco’s, inflatables and lots more!
- Payment will be collected on the day so if you bring a slightly different number this is what you will pay for.
- Any late payments (i.e. not paid on the day) will incur a 10% late fee.