Planning is well underway for our annual St George’s Day Celebrations! Once again we will be joined by Beverley and Hornsea District for the day too.
Full details will follow but for now, please take note of the points below:
- Sunday 26th April 2020 – usual timings.
- £7.50 per under 18 year old, which includes all activities.
- For this event please indicate your expected numbers as near as you can so we can make sure we use all of the £7.50’s on booking in climbing walls, silent disco’s, inflatables and lots more!
- Payment will be collected on the day so if you bring a slightly different number this is what you will pay for.
- Any late payments (i.e. not paid on the day) will incur a 10% late fee.
All details can be found on the bookings page:
Acting on feedback given through the County Survey, we are taking our County Beaver Sleepover outside into tents this year!
As well as sleeping in tents, Beavers will take part in a wide range of outdoor and adventurous activities all based on our Olympic theme.
The camp will be split into sub-camps, all named after a Continent that is represented in the Olympic Rings.
The programme below gives you an idea of how the camp will be run. A more detailed version will be released closer to the time.
Beavers are welcome to arrive and sleepover on Friday night, however there will be no centrally provided activities to do.
Leaders are also welcome to arrive on Friday night, set up camp and sleep over, ready for their Beavers to arrive on Saturday morning.
Any Beavers that have not stayed over on Friday night will arrive, before the opening ceremony.
We will then have a full day of outdoor and adventurous activities on site, all around our Olympic Theme.
Our mini Olympic Games will be run during the morning.
The closing ceremony will be finished at lunchtime ready for some very tired Beavers to head home!
The price is £25 per Beaver, which is payable to County. This includes camping fees, all on-site activities and a t-shirt in their sub-camp’s colour.
You will also need to add on your costs for food (and maybe transport too), before giving a final price to your Beavers.
To help gives us an idea of numbers please complete the provisional booking form on the bottom of the page on the County Website.
Once you have confirmed numbers from your Colony, you should complete the Booking Form from the downloads below and send it in with you deposit by 3rd April 2020.
We will add to these over time, so please get in touch if you have a question not answered below yet.
What Nights Away Permit will I need?
As we will be sleeping outside for this event, you will need at least a Campsite Nights Away Permit.
However, we know that many Beaver Leaders in Colonies may only hold Indoor Nights Away Permits, but that will not stop you attending!
Here are some ways that you can still attend:
- Ask a Leader from another Section in your Group if they will attend with their permit and knowledge of camping Young People outside.
- Join up with another Colony who has a Campsite Nights Away Permit Holder.
- Get in touch with us and we will join you up with a Colony that has a Campsite Nights Away Permit Holder.
Our Beaver Colony doesn’t have any tents, so can we sleep inside?
There is no indoor accommodation available on site for Beaver Colonies to stay in.
You could ask the other Sections in Group to use their camping equipment, or even better get them to come along with you! If Cub Leaders in your Group came along, then the camp is a great opportunity for your Beavers to meet them, making that moving on process less scary for them.