Come along to the information evening to find out more about the County’s Alpine Adventure in 2021!
Please share details of the evening with your Scouts’ and Explorers’ Parents & Guardians.
All details can be found on the bookings site:
The Wolds Challenge is a one day hiking competition for Scouts and Explorers organised by the Fells Marathon Committee. This event is a test of navigation, route finding and team work, as well as a walking challenge. This is also a great training event for our sister event; The Fells Marathon.
The event is open to both Scouts aged 10.5 years to 14.5 years & Explorer Scouts ages 14.5 years to 18 years. Different routes will be set for each age group. The Scouts will approximately walk 12 miles whereas the Explorers will walk 17 miles.
We advise that all teams/groups should cover training in:- navigation, hill skills, rucksack packing, what to do in an emergency, working as a team. It is also advisable to have a training walk before the event.
The maps for this years Wolds Challenge are:
- 294 – Market Weighton and Yorkshire Wolds Central
Any groups needing maps for this year’s event, these can be purchased from www.dash4it.co.uk at very cheap prices.
If you have any questions or need any advice please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
For further information contact – Neal Ingram
Entry queries contact – Claire Moverley
More Information, Booklet and Entry Forms
You can download the booklet below as soon as they are available. This will contain additional information and the entry forms you need to book your team onto the event.
- Wolds Challenge Hike Booklet 2020
- Wolds Challenge Group Entry Form (Single Page) – PDF Version.pdf
- Wolds Challenge Consent and Medical Form (Single Page) – PDF Version.pdf
- Wolds Challenge Group Entry Form (Single Page) – WORD Version.doc
- Wolds Challenge Consent and Medical Form (Single Page) – WORD Version.doc
What is it?
An opportunity to learn new skills, pass your skills on and network with Leaders from all over the County.
This is also a social occasion as well to catch up with friends, make new ones and have an enjoyable time.
It doesn’t matter whether you have 40 years experience in Scouting or have just attended your Appointments Panel. We all have skills to pass on, and we all have skills to learn.
This event is open to leaders from ALL our sections: Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Explorers & Network.
What do we do?
Leaders are invited to stay over on the Saturday night or you may just attend for the day.
Bring your tents and hammocks or if you wish just camp out under the stars. You’re also welcome to camp on the Friday evening if you wish.
We are currently creating the list of skills for the weekend. However if you have a skill to share or would like to learn a specific skill, then please get in touch!
Costs and Refreshments
Skills Matter is being funded by Humberside Scouts and will include Saturday Lunch, a barbecue on the Saturday evening and refreshments throughout the weekend.
Bookings and Enquiries
Please book by completing the form at the bottom of the page on the County Website.
For any questions or enquiries please contact:
Health forms will be emailed out closer to the date, along with further details.
Join us for a laugh, a drink and maybe a few quiz questions at an adult only Quiz night! All you need is a team of up to 6 Leaders or Network members with a bit of general and Scouting knowledge, but even that is not essential!
You can arrive from 5:30pm and buy your tea from the bar to eat in the function room. Or join us at 7:00pm ready to start the quiz.
- The cost will be between £1-£2 depending on numbers on the night. We only need to cover the cost of the room hire.
- Teams are a maximum of 6 people.
- No uniform needed.
You don’t need to book, just turn up on the night!
Planning is well underway for our annual St George’s Day Celebrations! Once again we will be joined by Beverley and Hornsea District for the day too.
Full details will follow but for now, please take note of the points below:
- Sunday 26th April 2020 – usual timings.
- £7.50 per under 18 year old, which includes all activities.
- For this event please indicate your expected numbers as near as you can so we can make sure we use all of the £7.50’s on booking in climbing walls, silent disco’s, inflatables and lots more!
- Payment will be collected on the day so if you bring a slightly different number this is what you will pay for.
- Any late payments (i.e. not paid on the day) will incur a 10% late fee.
- 15th – 17th May 2020
- Tablers Wood District Campsite, Carr Lane, West Cowick, Goole, DN14 9ED
- Arrival from 6:30pm on Friday
- Collection at 3:00pm on Sunday
- Teams of 4 – 6 Scouts (all to be within the Scout age range on the day of the competition)
- Cost is £20 per team
Teams need to bring the following equipment:
- Dining shelter
- Tables and chairs
- Kitchen set-up – including choice of cooker and fuel
- Cooking utensils
- Food for their planned menu
- Appropriate storage for their chosen food
Scouts will also need the usual personal kit for a weekend camp, including waterproofs and their necker. Any electronics are brought at their own risk.
The competition will start from 7:00pm where they will be scored for the setup of their team’s camp, including their cooking area.
From 9:00pm teams will take part in The Cube/Taskmaster style challenges which will be scored. We would appreciate help facilitating these from any Leaders that are staying over too.
On Saturday morning they are expected to cook a breakfast of their choice that will be judged at 9:00am. During the day, whilst the Cub competition is running, Scout teams will be given a list of challenges they can complete independently. These will be scored and will go towards their final number of points. At 6:00pm we expect Scouts to be enjoying a two-course meal for their tea, that they have prepared and cooked. This will also be judged.
On Sunday, Scout teams will rotate around 6 challenge bases to complete their competition. Scores from the whole weekend will be added together to determine the winning team.
- Saturday 16th May 2020
- Tablers Wood District Campsite, Carr Lane, West Cowick, Goole, DN14 9ED
- 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Teams of up to 6 Cub Scouts (all to be within the Cub age range on the day of the competition)
- £7.50 per team
Cub teams will rotate around 8 bases during the day, where they will be set challenges to complete. They will be scored on how well they complete the challenge along with how well they worked as a team.
The winner will be the team with the most points.
More details can be found when booking your team places.
The secret is finally out!
Humberside Scouts in conjunction with SHIELD & the Justice League invite all Cub Scouts to a weekend camp specifcally designed for trainee superheroes and heroines.
An action packed weekend of fun and adventure is in store with all those heroes that we have come to love (and perhaps a few super viliains too)
You’ll be able to learn to climb like Spiderman, fly like Superman, throw your shield like Captain America or shoot like the Green Arrow.
This amazing camp will take place at Raywell; from Friday 22nd May, 2020 until Monday 25th May, 2020
If you would like to reserve your place at the biggest and most memorable event of the year, then please provide your provisional numbers through the booking form at the bottom of the page on the County Website.