- 15th – 17th May 2020
- Tablers Wood District Campsite, Carr Lane, West Cowick, Goole, DN14 9ED
- Arrival from 6:30pm on Friday
- Collection at 3:00pm on Sunday
- Teams of 4 – 6 Scouts (all to be within the Scout age range on the day of the competition)
- Cost is £20 per team
Teams need to bring the following equipment:
- Dining shelter
- Tables and chairs
- Kitchen set-up – including choice of cooker and fuel
- Cooking utensils
- Food for their planned menu
- Appropriate storage for their chosen food
Scouts will also need the usual personal kit for a weekend camp, including waterproofs and their necker. Any electronics are brought at their own risk.
The competition will start from 7:00pm where they will be scored for the setup of their team’s camp, including their cooking area.
From 9:00pm teams will take part in The Cube/Taskmaster style challenges which will be scored. We would appreciate help facilitating these from any Leaders that are staying over too.
On Saturday morning they are expected to cook a breakfast of their choice that will be judged at 9:00am. During the day, whilst the Cub competition is running, Scout teams will be given a list of challenges they can complete independently. These will be scored and will go towards their final number of points. At 6:00pm we expect Scouts to be enjoying a two-course meal for their tea, that they have prepared and cooked. This will also be judged.
On Sunday, Scout teams will rotate around 6 challenge bases to complete their competition. Scores from the whole weekend will be added together to determine the winning team.