How to earn your badge
- Learn the general safety rules for swimming (such as not diving into
shallow water or not swimming on your own) and where it is safe to swim locally.
- Show you know how to prepare for exercises such as taking part in a warm up.
- Demonstrate a controlled entry or dive from the side of the pool, into at least 1.5 metres of water.
- Swim 10 metres on your front, 10 metres on your back and 10 metres on your back using only your legs.
- Tread water for three minutes in a vertical position.
- Surface dive into at least 1.5 metres of water and touch the bottom with both hands.
- Mushroom float for ten seconds.
- Enter the pool and push off from the side on your front, gliding for five metres.
- From the side of the pool, push off on your back and glide for as far as possible.
- Swim 100 metres without stopping.
- Take part in an organised swimming activity.