How to earn your badge
- Launch and recover your boat in any wind direction.
- Set up your boat according to weather conditions, using sail and rig
- Show that you’re able to recover a man overboard.
- Show that you know about:
- International Regulations for Preventing Collision at Sea (IRPCS)
- Beaufort Scale
- synoptic charts
- tidal ebb and flow
- spring and neap tides.
If you hold the RYA Youth Sailing Scheme Stage 4 you can automatically gain this badge.
Every individual who undertakes an activity badge should face a similar degree of challenge and as a result some requirements may need to be adapted. It is completely acceptable to change some of the requirements of the badges to allow individuals to access the badge (for example where there are special needs, cultural issues, or religious considerations to take into account) and the requirements outlined for activity badges do allow for some flexibility in order to obtain the badge. If you would like help or advice when considering adapting the requirements of a badge please contact UK Headquarters.