How to earn your badge
Before you attempt Stage 3, you need to have completed all the steps for Paddle Sports Stage 2. You then need to complete all the tasks outlined, using a different boat to Stage 2.
- With help, show more than one safe method for lifting and carrying your boat.
- Demonstrate two different ways of safely launching your boat.
- Show you can get in and out of your boat without help.
- Paddle forwards and backwards in a straight line, keeping good posture.
- Show you can steer around a figure of eight course.
- Show you can stop the boat safely when it’s moving back and forth.
- Capsize, swim to the shore and empty the boat of water.
- Assist someone else back into their boat following a capsize.
If you have achieved the BCU’s Paddle Power Discover you can automatically gain this badge.