How to earn your badge
- Learn how to read a six figure grid reference.
- Understand contour lines on an Ordnance Survey map.
- Using 1:50000 and 1:25000 scale Ordnance Survey maps show that you understand the meaning of scale, can set the map to north and can recognise conventional map symbols.
- Follow and walk a route of at least 5km, using a map to navigate for at least part of the journey. Your Leader can plan the route but you’ll work with your team, or take turns,to navigate.
- Show you know how to dress appropriately and what kit you and your group will need.