How to earn your badge
- Locate yourself on a simple map. You could use a map of a local park,
nature reserve, zoo, or even a theme park.
- Identify a number of features or locations on that map. You could pinpoint locations like the toilets, car park, bird hide or picnic area.
- Learn the four cardinal points of a compass.
- Draw a simple map of where you live, your meeting place or another area local to you.
- Use a map during an outdoor activity.
- Show you understand how to dress appropriately and what equipment you and the adults will need on the activity.