Complete the following:
- Explain to the assessor the laws which concern the copying of software, access to computer systems and storage of personal information.
- Create a simple website for your section.
- Explain how an IT system is used by a major user, eg a supermarket chain or a bank.
- Show how that you have used IT in your daily life over the last six months, eg to research, download music etc.
- Explain the following terminology:
- web publishing
- video conferencing
- drag and drop
- Choose two additional activities out of the following:
- Evaluate a range of professional websites.
- Produce a range of information literature on an agreed theme, eg ‘how to be more environmentally friendly’ – leaflets, posters, fliers etc.
- Produce a complex database for a specific purpose.
- Take part in a video conference with a Scout from another part of the world. (An idea opportunity would be Jamboree on The Internet which happens every October)
- Demonstrate your ability to use a control programme, eg Lego Dacta, LOGO beyond a basic standard.
- Create a list of social networking sites, list what you use them for and how you use them and the internet safely