How to earn your badge
Complete every task to achieve Stage 3, showing that you have thought about the potential risks and how to stay safe for each activity.
- Plan, make, edit and share a piece of digital media. It could be
artwork or a photograph that you alter using creative tools, music, animation, CAD (Computer Aided Design) or a 3D sculpture.
- Explore social networking sites that are appropriate for your age, then create an example of a good social network profile. Show that you know how to:
- use anti-virus software
- set up or adjust settings for accessibility
- recover from a frozen programme or screen.
- Use the internet for research:
- decide on a specific area of interest
- use at least two different search engines, using operators like AND, NOT and OR in the search box
- collect information by using bookmarks or favourites. Save URLs or use a social bookmarking tool like Diigo, Reddit, StumbleUpon, del.icio.us or digg.
- select specific, reliable information relevant to your area of research
- create a structured display of the information you have gathered. You could do this in a document, on a website or using a social tool such as Pinterest.
- share your research with other people, for example by email, on the web, by MMS or social media.