How to earn your badge
- Identify need. Find out what issues and challenges exist in your chosen
community – locally, nationally or internationally.
- Plan action. Decide what issue your section would like to take action – what do you want to change? Work with a group of people who are not involved in Scouting, and are passionate about your cause, to plan action that will make a positive difference.
- Take action over 12 months. You should:
- spend at least 48 hours personally taking action on your chosen issue. You can achieve more impact by spreading your time out over the year, instead of doing it all in one go.
- involve your section and a group of non- Scouts, preferably people from the community you are trying to help.
- Learn and make more change. Talk about what you learned with your section, how you have made people’s lives better and what you could do to help more people in your chosen community.
- Tell the world. Help other people to understand why your chosen issue is important, how you have made a positive impact and how they can