How to earn your badge
- Identify need. Investigate what issues and challenges exist in your
chosen community – it could be local, national or international.
- Plan action. Decide what issue your section would like to take action on and what you would like to change. Work with a group of people not involved in Scouting, who are passionate about your cause, to plan action that will make a positive difference.
- Take action over six months. You should:
- spend at least 12 hours personally taking action on your chosen issue. You can achieve more impact by spreading your time out, over four months, instead of doing it all in one go.
- involve others in the action. Work in a team with your section and preferably people in the community you are trying to help.
- Learn and make more change. Discuss with your section what you’ve learned, how you have made people’s lives better and what you could do to help even more people in your chosen community.
- Tell the world. Help other people to understand the issue you have made a positive impact on is important and why it’s important. Show what you did and how they can also help.