How to earn your badge
- Know the dangers involved in visiting an airfield.
- Visit an
airfield, air display or air museum.
- Choose three of these:
- Make and fly a model aeroplane, three different types of paper glider, a hot air balloon or a kite.
- Identify six airlines from their markings.
- Name and identify the main parts of an aeroplane.
- Name and identify different types of aircraft (such as powered aeroplanes, airships or gliders).
- Fly in an aircraft and tell the rest of your section about it.
- Meet someone who flies regularly and talk to them about their experiences.
- Explain how different weather conditions can affect air activities.
- Collect and identify six pictures of different aircraft. Share them with others in your section.