How to earn your badge
- Know about the Scout Troop:
- Get to know other members and Leaders in the Patrol and Troop.
- Find out about the ceremonies and traditions in the Troop.
- Find out about the activities that the Patrol and Troop does.
- Know about joining your Troop:
- Learn and understand the Scout Promise and Law and the rules of the Troop.
- Learn and understand the Scout Motto, sign, salute and handshake.
- Show you know the general history and family of Scouts and Scouting around the world.
- Learn what to do at Investiture.
- Become a Scout by making the Promise.
Every individual who undertakes an activity badge should face a similar degree of challenge and as a result some requirements may need to be adapted. It is completely acceptable to change some of the requirements of the badges to allow individuals to access the badge (for example where there are special needs, cultural issues, or religious considerations to take into account) and the requirements outlined for activity badges do allow for some flexibility in order to obtain the badge. If you would like help or advice when considering adapting the requirements of a badge please contact UK Headquarters.