How to earn your badge
You need to reach one of these standards:
- Snorkel Diver Award of the British Sub-Aqua Club.
- British Surfing Association’s Junior Scheme level 3 Award.
- British Water Ski Federation Cutting Edge Bronze Award.
- Royal Yachting Association National (RYA) Youth Windsurfing Scheme Stage 1.
- British Sub-Aqua Club Scuba Experience or the Discover Scuba Diving Award of the Professional Association of Diving Instructors.
- BKSA (British Kite Surfing Association) Level One.
UK Headquarters can provide alternative requirements for water sports not listed above. You can gain a badge for every standard you meet.
This badge is for non-boating activities. If you’re interested in boating, you might prefer Dragon Boating, Power Coxswain, Pulling or Nautical Skills.
Every individual who undertakes an activity badge should face a similar degree of challenge and as a result some requirements may need to be adapted. It is completely acceptable to change some of the requirements of the badges to allow individuals to access the badge (for example where there are special needs, cultural issues, or religious considerations to take into account) and the requirements outlined for activity badges do allow for some flexibility in order to obtain the badge. If you would like help or advice when considering adapting the requirements of a badge please contact UK Headquarters.