How to earn your badge
- As a member of a group, take part in:
- an indoor pioneering project, like constructing a guided missile launcher or chariot
- an outdoor pioneering project, like building a monkey bridge, a raft or parallel runway.
- Show the correct way to do these:
- a whipping or safe rope sealing
- a splice
- coiling and storing a rope
- using levers to extract objects or move heavy weights
- being safe in pioneering projects. Explain why it’s important.
- Name and tie at least six knots and three lashings that are useful in pioneering.