How to earn your badge
- With appropriate permission, spend at least one day at one of these locations and investigate the wildlife and plants found there:
- woodland or parkland
- down land
- moor land
- seashore or sand dune
- roadside verge
- stream, river or canal
- small pond
- wetland or marshland.
- Tell a knowledgeable adult what you discovered. Show them your field notes, sketches, photographs or maps.
- Find out more about a plant, animal or particular wildlife from your chosen location.
- Discuss what you found out, giving sources for information from places like museums, field guides or the internet.
- Discuss how human activities or land management can affect wildlife.