How to earn your badge
- Show that you know how to look after books and e-readers.
- Show that you can use a library catalogue.
- Explain how fiction and non-fiction books are arranged on the shelves. Why are they treated differently?
- Learn what is meant by a reference book or material. Use some of these references to gather information for a journey with a purpose:
- leisure leaflet or webpage
- bus or train timetable
- almanac or a who’s who
- gazetteer or Yellow Pages
- Show how you would search for information using the internet.
- Talk to your assessor about:
- books you have read and why you enjoyed them
- information you found from books or websites
- getting books on the internet for e-readers.