How to earn your badge
- Find out about an environmental issue that is important to your local community. It might be linked to:
- recycling and conservation
- energy efficiency in the home or your meeting place
- the building of new homes and local land use
- water, light, thermal, air or beach pollution
- coastal erosion
- the impact of tourism on the local environment.
- Take part in an activity or project that improves local conservation. It could take place during a weekend conservation camp or you could spread it over at least five weekly sessions. You could look at:
- reducing energy usage or renewable energy
- protecting important habitats or wildlife
- Get involved in a campaign to make others aware of an environmental issue. You could write to your MP and other local agencies or speak to a community group.