How to earn your badge
1. Build a scale pioneering model.
2. Take a lead role in building an outside pioneering project, such as an aerial runway or an hourglass tower.
3. During your project, demonstrate your ability in:
• 10 knots, bends or hitches
• four lashings
• the use of simple blocks and tackle
• anchorages for firm and soft ground
• understanding the need for
supervision in pioneering projects.
4. Demonstrate two whippings and two splices.
Make sure you check the Aerial Runway Code on scouts.org.uk/supportresources
Every individual who undertakes an activity badge should face a similar degree of challenge and as a result some requirements may need to be adapted. It is completely acceptable to change some of the requirements of the badges to allow individuals to access the badge (for example where there are special needs, cultural issues, or religious considerations to take into account) and the requirements outlined for activity badges do allow for some flexibility in order to obtain the badge. If you would like help or advice when considering adapting the requirements of a badge please contact UK Headquarters.