How to earn your badge
- Demonstrate and explain how you would perform a rescue using the following:
- shout and/or reach
- throw a buoyancy aid
- throw a rope
- tow with an aid
- clothing tow
- support tow.
- Reach the standard of one of the following:
- RLSS UK Survive and Save Silver for the Medallion, Stillwater or Beach award
- RLSS UK Survive and Save Gold for the Medallion, Stillwater or Beach award.
- Explain and, where possible, demonstrate methods of rescue used in cases of:
- a person and a pet falling through ice
- a house fire
- gas poisoning
- a car accident
- contact with a live wire.
Every individual who undertakes an activity badge should face a similar degree of challenge and as a result some requirements may need to be adapted. It is completely acceptable to change some of the requirements of the badges to allow individuals to access the badge (for example where there are special needs, cultural issues, or religious considerations to take into account) and the requirements outlined for activity badges do allow for some flexibility in order to obtain the badge. If you would like help or advice when considering adapting the requirements of a badge please contact UK Headquarters.