How to earn your award
- Earn six activity or staged activity badges of your choice. They could be badges you gain outside of your normal meetings or ones you’ve worked towards at meetings.
- Finish the seven challenge awards. They are:
- Our World Challenge Award
- Our Skills Challenge Award
- Our Outdoors Challenge Award
- Our Adventure Challenge Award
- Teamwork Challenge Award
- Team Leader Challenge Award
- Personal Challenge Award.
If you haven’t finished the steps for the Chief Scout’s Silver Award when you’re ready to move on to Scouts, you can finish them during your first term in the Scout Troop.
When you become a Scout, you can wear your Chief Scout’s Silver Award on your uniform until you earn your Chief Scout’s Gold Award.
Every individual who undertakes an activity badge should face a similar degree of challenge and as a result some requirements may need to be adapted. It is completely acceptable to change some of the requirements of the badges to allow individuals to access the badge (for example where there are special needs, cultural issues, or religious considerations to take into account) and the requirements outlined for activity badges do allow for some flexibility in order to obtain the badge. If you would like help or advice when considering adapting the requirements of a badge please contact UK Headquarters.