How to earn your badge
- Use a skateboard – or in-line, quad or ice skates – for at least three months.
- Learn some safety rules about skating on the road and in other public places. Show what clothing and protective equipment you need to wear for your activity. You might include helmets, knee pads or elbow pads.
- Show how to start, stop and turn safely.
- Show how to fall safely and regain balance.
- Show how you do three different manoeuvres. You could demonstrate travelling backwards, spinning, jumping or turning.