How to earn your badge
- Explain the dangers of playing on or near two of these:
- busy roads
- building sites
- canal banks
- gravel pits
- river banks
- Show you can use at least one of these codes:
- Water Safety Code
- Bathing Code
- Firework Code.
- Make up a safety code of your own choice. It could be for car passengers, train passengers or the playground.
- Explain what you must do if a stranger starts to talk to you. What must you tell your parents or carers if you are going out without them?
- Find out how and why you might contact a helpline like ChildLine, for example.
- Explain the best ways to stay safe while online. Write down some common sense rules to follow while you are on the internet.
- Memorise your address and your home telephone number
or a parent’s mobile phone number.