How to earn your badge
- Draw the logos of three to five international charities. Find out about what they do and why.
- Find out how much energy you use in your meeting place or home. Over two weeks, record what energy you use forthings like lights, heating or cooking. Make a plan to reduce the amount of energy you use and put it into action.
- Take part in an international awareness day or week.
- Use pictures to show what you would need to survive if you became homeless because of a disaster, like flooding or an earthquake.
- Identify five belongings of yours that have come from other countries. Point out the countries on a map. Talk to others about why your belongings have come from so far away.
Every individual who undertakes an activity badge should face a similar degree of challenge and as a result some requirements may need to be adapted. It is completely acceptable to change some of the requirements of the badges to allow individuals to access the badge (for example where there are special needs, cultural issues, or religious considerations to take into account) and the requirements outlined for activity badges do allow for some flexibility in order to obtain the badge. If you would like help or advice when considering adapting the requirements of a badge please contact UK Headquarters.