How to earn your badge
- Choose one of these activities to do:
- Visit a fire station or invite a fire fighter to your meeting place.
- Learn about some of the other things that fire fighters do. How do they help in road traffic accidents, rescuing people or animals, fitting smoke detectors and safety inspections at homes, schools or offices?
- Take part in a fire drill at your meeting place. What should you do if a fire breaks out?
- Make an emergency escape plan for your home.
- Find out why it’s important to use smoke and heat detectors. How would you check they’re working and change their batteries?
- Point out three possible dangers at home or your meeting place that could start a fire.
- Find out how to keep a campfire safe for everyone. How do you stay safe around a fire?
- Explain how you should behave around a bonfire and fireworks.