How to earn your badge
- Make a list of at least six books you have read or used recently. Books
you have read on an e-reader count too.
- Name the authors of your books. Tell your leader or other Cubs something about three of your books. At least one book should be fiction and one should be non-fiction.
- Show that you know how to care for your books.
- Show that you can use a dictionary and a thesaurus. You can use printed ones or online versions.
- Explain to a leader how the books in a library are set out. How you would find fiction and non-fiction books?
Every individual who undertakes an activity badge should face a similar degree of challenge and as a result some requirements may need to be adapted. It is completely acceptable to change some of the requirements of the badges to allow individuals to access the badge (for example where there are special needs, cultural issues, or religious considerations to take into account) and the requirements outlined for activity badges do allow for some flexibility in order to obtain the badge. If you would like help or advice when considering adapting the requirements of a badge please contact UK Headquarters.