How to earn your badge
- Show how to light a fire.
- Help someone prepare a fire for cooking on.
- Cook something using a billy can.
- Cook something in the embers of a fire.
- Cook something on a stick.
- Show how to make the fire safe when you have finished with it. Extinguish the fire and make the area safe.
Every individual who undertakes an activity badge should face a similar degree of challenge and as a result some requirements may need to be adapted. It is completely acceptable to change some of the requirements of the badges to allow individuals to access the badge (for example where there are special needs, cultural issues, or religious considerations to take into account) and the requirements outlined for activity badges do allow for some flexibility in order to obtain the badge. If you would like help or advice when considering adapting the requirements of a badge please contact UK Headquarters.