How to earn your badge
- Make a model or draw a simple diagram of the Solar System.
- Explain the difference between a planet and a star.
- Learn how to observe the sun safely. Find out and explain how the earth moves around the sun.
- Observe the moon, using binoculars or a telescope if you can. Describe some of its features.
- Identify three constellations.
- Find out about two space-related subjects.Present some information about them.
Every individual who undertakes an activity badge should face a similar degree of challenge and as a result some requirements may need to be adapted. It is completely acceptable to change some of the requirements of the badges to allow individuals to access the badge (for example where there are special needs, cultural issues, or religious considerations to take into account) and the requirements outlined for activity badges do allow for some flexibility in order to obtain the badge. If you would like help or advice when considering adapting the requirements of a badge please contact UK Headquarters.