How to earn your badge
- Learn a song, play a game or perform a dance from another country.
- Find out about Beaver Scouts, or younger Scouts if they don’t have Beaver Scouts, in another country. What do they call themselves? What’s their uniform like? And what do they say for their Promise? Find out as much as you can.
- Draw five different flags from five different countries across the world. Tell someone else a fact about each country.
- Try different kinds of food from another country. Vote for your favourite dish and explain why.
- Learn how to say a greeting in a language other than your own.
Every individual who undertakes an activity badge should face a similar degree of challenge and as a result some requirements may need to be adapted. It is completely acceptable to change some of the requirements of the badges to allow individuals to access the badge (for example where there are special needs, cultural issues, or religious considerations to take into account) and the requirements outlined for activity badges do allow for some flexibility in order to obtain the badge. If you would like help or advice when considering adapting the requirements of a badge please contact UK Headquarters.