ow to earn your badge
- Find out what makes a balanced diet
- Find out about why being clean in the kitchen is important
- Learn about being safe in the kitchen
- Choose three dishes to prepare and cook. At least one dish should be savoury and one should be sweet
You will need help from an adult if you’re using the oven or stove.
Here are some ideas for dishes you could prepare:
- For the sweet dish, you could make fruit salad, a strawberry smoothie, chocolate crispy cakes, corn flake cakes, high energy snack bars, homemade muesli or flapjacks
- For the savoury dish you could try omelette, mini pitta bread pizzas, meat kebabs or cheese and ham toasties
If you’re cooking at home take photos and bring them to your meeting.
Every individual who undertakes an activity badge should face a similar degree of challenge and as a result some requirements may need to be adapted. It is completely acceptable to change some of the requirements of the badges to allow individuals to access the badge (for example where there are special needs, cultural issues, or religious considerations to take into account) and the requirements outlined for activity badges do allow for some flexibility in order to obtain the badge. If you would like help or advice when considering adapting the requirements of a badge please contact UK Headquarters.